Here is a quick reference to searching in Disco.
- (space) . . . or
- & . . . and
- % . . . not
- /n . . . proximity
- ” ” . . . phrase
- ! . . . stemming / truncation / trailing wildcard
- ~ . . . fuzzy / typo search
- field(terms) . . . search field for terms
- contract payment . . . matches documents that contain either contract or payment
- contract & payment . . . matches documents that contain both contract and payment
- contract % payment . . . matches documents that contain contract, but not payment
- “contract payment” . . . matches documents that contain the phrase contract payment
- contract! . . . matches documents that contain any term starting with contract, for example, contract, contracts, contracted, contractually, etc.
- guaranty~ . . . matches documents that contain any term similar to guaranty, for example, guaranty, guarantee, garantee, garanty, etc.
- contract /10 signed . . . matches documents taht contain contract and signed within 10 words of each other in any order
- custodian(Holcombe) . . . matches documents that contain Holcombe in the custodian field
Standard document fields
Search queries that do not specify a field (e.g., contract & payment) search a combined index of document text, ID, Bates numbers, document notes, custodians, subject, to, from, and cc.
Use to to search a range, for example, batesnumbers(Enron000001 to Enron000101).
- date() . . . primary date, which is sent date for email and last modified date for everything else
- createdate() . . . for native file
- lastmodifieddate() . . . for native file
- loaddate() . . . date loaded into Disco
- senddate() . . . date email was sent
- receiveddate() . . . date email was received
- familydate() . . . for all members of a family, the primary date of the parent (you can also use family date to sort documents and see parents and attachments grouped together)
- alldates() . . . combines all dates
Example date searches: date(after 06/20/2012), date(before 2012), date(after 06/20/2012 & before 07/20/2012), date(on 06/20/2012), date(06/20/2012), date(2012)
True / false fields
- hasprivilege(true) or hasprivilege(false) . . . true if document has at least one privilege tag
- hasredactions(true) or hasredactions(false) . . . true if document is marked for redaction in Disco
- hasdocumentnote(true) or hasdocumentnote(false) . . . true if document has a note
Try searching now — with 0.3 second search results on even the largest multi-TB datasets — in the live demo.